5 Step Fashion Manifesto
1. Develop your own style. Start with what you like- it can be totally irrelevant to fashion. Your favorite ice cream flavor, favorite color, favorite food, find things you like that you can incorporate into your personal style. Style is a form of self-expression so make sure your personal style reflects the person you are- after all that’s someone’s first impression of you. How you look and present your self.
2. Okay, now that you have discovered what you like and personal style, you have to start building your wardrobe, no matter what your style and where you shop, start with staple pieces. Denim jeans (Levi’s, Lucky Brand, J & Company, etc.) plain colored t-shirts, colored and metallic accessories. Once you have your staple pieces you can mix and match until you are completely comfortable with your new look.
3. Your style is a manifestation of who you are, what you are, how you see your self and often times what you like to do. Always dress to impress and stay on your A-game. Dress like you’re going to run into your worst enemy! After all, you can’t let the haters down, this is what they’ve been waiting for.
4. Know the difference between sexy and sleazy, funky and fu*k*d up, fierce and ferocious and fashionable and not so fashionable. When it comes to being sexy DO NOT show too much at one time. If you’re going for the cleavage, let the legs sit this one out. If your gonna be colorful, mixing and matching colored denims with animal-print tops keep the colored accessories home and instead opt for gold or silver jewelry. Never over-do it or under-do it.
5. Last but not least, be a trendsetter! Don’t be afraid to try something new because it hasn’t been done. If you’ve been eyeing a designer you like, don’t be afraid to purchase the clothing because you haven’t seen any one in it yet. Be the first, set the trends, take risks, and breathe life into fashion and embrace your individuality.