The Top Earning Models Of 2010
Forbes recently released their annual list of 2009-2010’s top earning models, and it’s no surprise that most of them are Victoria’s Secret models:
1. Gisele Bündchen of course tops the list (again) with a whopping annual salary of $25 million. I mean, work it out then, girl!
2. As Victoria Secret’s OG runway killer, the host of Germany’s Next Top Model & Bravo’s Project Runway, along with her Jordache campaign and other modeling jobs, Heidi Klum managed to contribute $16 million to her already full house.
3. Due to her successful collaboration with TopShop, her line of bags with Longchamp, and her range of fragrances, British modeling icon Kate Moss raked in $9 million. Hmm, too bad models don’t get royalty’s from past modeling jobs, then she would have really been cakin’ it!
4. Adriana Lima, who happens to be my favorite model, came in at #4 (don’t worry, Adriana, you’re still a winner) with $7.5 milli. Those Victoria’s Secret & Maybelline checks are treating her well I see.
5. Dutch cutie pie Doutzen Kroes comes in at $6 million, thanks to L’Oreal, Victoria’s Secret, Calvin Klein and the several other catwalks she struts during international fashion weeks.
6 (TIE). New mommy Alessandra Ambrosio proved she can multi-task when she popped out her little one, and went back on the battle field just in time to pull in $5.5 million to go to towards her mini-me’s trust fund.
It’s a tie! Russian model Natalia Vodianova also came in at #6 with $5.5 million, going from rags to riches, the 28-year-old has long since made up for lost time. Thanks to lingerie company Etam, Calvin Kelin, and many other lucrative deals with respected fashion houses.
NUMBER 7 WAS MISSING FROM THE FORBES LIST
8. Daria Werbowy proved that just because H&M may be cost-effective, it still pays its employees well! The Swiss chain and beauty giant Lancome contributed to the cause, and she came out with $4.5 million. Niiiceee.
9. Miranda Kerr, who has to have the most adorably unique faces in fashion, managed to pull in a breezy $4 million! Her acceptance speech would go a little something like this: “I would like to thank Victoria’s Secret, and all the glitter they put on me for every show that took days to come off, also Davis Jones Limited for giving me a chance…”
10. Carolyn Murphy, who basically earned $3.5 million for staying beautiful all year round, courtesy of Estee Lauder, proved staying power for the year 2009-2010.
Victoria’s Secret models seem to hold just about 7 of the spots on this list, not to mention a vast majority of them are mothers as well! So to all the aspiring models out there, take a note out of these ladies’ hustle manuals and get busy!
Filed under: Models, Money Talk | 3 Comments
Tags: Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Carolyn Murphy, Daria Werbowy, Doutzen Kroes, Forbes, Gisele Bündchen, Heidi Klum, Kate Moss, Miranda Kerr, Natalia Vodianova, Victoria's Secret